Hair Stylist Resume Sample: A hairstylist cuts and styles the hair of people to make them appear good. Often, the style of your hair depends upon the way you look, the type of hair you have, and the shape of your face. Moreover, knowing these facts is not just enough. An ideal hair stylist must also have appropriate knowledge of cutting, trimming, shampooing, rinsing, etc.
If you are searching for a hair stylist resume sample, you have landed at an exact place where you will get adequate and exact information on how to draft your resume. Let us first understand why one requires this resume, what all points should one include in his/her resume, and how to get your dream hair stylist job.
Hair Stylist Job Description
A hairstylist is a professional person who has essential knowledge of grooming hair. He does not just cut or trim your hair and gives it a required style but also has proper knowledge on maintaining healthy hair.
Ideally, a hair stylist performs several duties like – interacting with the customers, understanding their requirements, providing suggestions, providing services, and more.
Hence, when you are drafting your hair stylist resume, you are showcasing to the employers your qualifications and knowledge about the respective field.
Points to be included in Hair Stylist Resume
The above job description will give you an idea of all tasks a hairstylist does. Including all these aspects in your resume will inform the employer about your knowledge of this field as well as increase your chances of getting selected.
However, while mentioning the above-mentioned points in your resume, ensure you know them to the core. Blindly including these points in your resume can land you in serious trouble.
Here is Beautician Resume sample for your reference.
Hair Stylist Resume Sample
Cell phone number:
Looking for a hairstylist job where I can utilize my hair styling knowledge, creativity, and experience to generate optimum customer satisfaction.
Key Skills and Proficiencies
- Skilled in model and novel hair styling techniques
- Well-experienced in cutting, trimming, styling, straightening, coloring, and highlighting
- Proper understanding of using a variety of chemicals and herbs for hair care treatments
- Expert in understanding client requirements and satisfactorily meeting their needs
- Proficient in providing aftercare treatments to the clients
- Skilled in maintaining records and keeping track of inventories and supplies
- Efficient communication skills
Kings & Queens Beauty Saloon
Fall 20XX to Present
Job Profile: Hair Stylist
- Providing hair styling services to sovereign clients
- Introducing Brazilian Keratin treatment
- Training the interns
- Managing the floor and keeping track of inventories and supplies
Elite Beauty Parlor
Summer 20XX to Fall 20XX
Job Profile: Assistant Hair Stylist
- Cut and style hair
- Dedicated to hairstyles for bridal and prom parties
- Coloring and highlighting
- Waxing and threading
- Implemented Brazilian Keratin treatment
Masters in Hair Design and Cosmetology
XYZ School of Hair Design and Cosmetology, Plymouth, PA, May 20XX
Plymouth High School, Plymouth, PA, May 20XX
Name: Patrick L. Bennett
Date of Birth: June 11, 19XX
Marital Status: Single
The above hair stylist sample resume will give you an idea of how to draft your resume. Ensure, you include all the above points in your resume to make it effective and job-winning.