This sample of Stanford Resume Template guides you on how to write the best resume to get the best job in this field. This Stanford Resume Template covers job description and objective tips which will guarantee you for your dream job as Fresher. This resume for lecturer fresher will help you to get your job.
You see a good job advertisement and wish to apply for the same. You sit down to write a good resume. However, you get stuck at some point, and start wondering what information should be included in the resume. You cannot mention everything in the resume, and thus you need to be sure of what should be the content of your Stanford Resume Template.
The resume content plays a major role in the selection of your resume for further rounds. Sometimes you might be the most apt candidate for a particular position, but your resume fails to portray the same, and you might lose a good opportunity. Thus, the information portrayed in your resume is very crucial. You Can Also Download BCA Resume.
Stanford Resume Template
A two-line summary of your career goals will help the employer understand your professional aims, and thus analyze you more perfectly.
‘Willing to work with an organization wherein I can use the expertise and skills gained in 3 years of work experience, to help make a difference to the organization and train the budding talents in the organization.’
Here the applicant puts forth that he/she would like to work in a position that gives him/her the freedom to use the expertise gained over the years, and probably handle a team of people and train them in the same.
The applicant thus, smartly puts forth, that he/she would like to work at a comparatively senior position.
A 2-3 lines summary of your career to give an overview of your career to the employer.
‘Working as an Asst. Manager Sales with Self Tech for 3 years, developed marketing skills that helped me bring in 8 new clients for the organization, which added to the revenue by 30%. Also, developed a strong sales team by recruiting the best of the talent’.
Mention your academic details, beginning with the most recent degree. Do not mention grades of every year of your qualification. Mention the details of your PG courses, Bachelors’s degree, high school grades, and some professional diplomas.
- Masters in Mechanical Engineering – Grade A (20XX)
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering – Grade B (20XX)
- The diploma is Tool Design – Grade B (20XX)
- St John’s High School – Grade A (20XX)
Academic Achievements – This will be a sub-heading in the academic qualifications segment giving details about your academic achievements.
This is the most important section of your resume. It is very important to mention your past work experiences, beginning from the latest. Mention the work responsibilities clearly, using bullet points.
- JJ Mechanicals – 2010 till date
- Designation – ___________
- Work responsibilities:_________
- _________, etc
- Marks Machineries (2008-2010)
- Designation: _____________
- Work responsibilities:______________
- ______________, etc.
Mention all your employers in reverse chronological order.
This will be a sub-heading in this section mentioning your workplace achievements.
Skills and Interests::
Mention your career skills using bullet points. Also, mention the interests in the subsection. Try mentioning interests that relate to your field or job. Do not mention unnecessary interests, for example, a Finance Professional might mention ‘Vedic Math’ as an area of interest because it relates to his/her field.
The skills could be categorized into different sections, like –
- Professional skills- Mentioning the skills about the job only
- Interpersonal Skills – Mentioning your communication and socializing skills
- Computer Skills – Mentioning your computer skills
- Managerial Skills – Mentioning skills required for working at a senior position like team lead or manager
This completes the content of your resume. However, you should also know what not to include in your resume. Let us discuss the same in brief:
- The aspects of your last job or employer that you disliked should not be mentioned anywhere in the resume or the cover letter. This might portray you as a pessimistic person.
- Do not include irrelevant job experiences. If you worked in the sales department and now wish to be a writer, mentioning the sales job experiences will not help you. It might portray that you are not sure of what you wish to do in your life.
- No need of bringing your sexuality or gender into the picture. It does not affect your work performance.
- Religion discrimination is again a taboo for resumes. Mentioning your religion is not advisable in America. It is irrelevant to the job, and at times can prove to be controversial.
- No need of mentioning every job that you take up since your school days. You might have taken up many part-time jobs but do not mention all of them. Mention jobs that you begin your career with, probably after completing your education.
- Providing any pseudo information could affect your career in a bad way and might lead to a black listing of your profile by some employers.
Using these instructions plan your resume content carefully to make it the most effective out of all the resumes the employer receives for a particular job.
Share this Stanford Resume Template article on social networks such as Facebook, twitter, Instagram or the social network of your choice. We invite you to enjoy all the content we have for you, enter our different categories and discover all the content we have for you.