Remember that your name should always be on the top of the front page of the Freelance Costume Designer Resume. Do not use stylistic font to make it more prominent. Write it simple. The position does not matter much. You can place the name at the center or at the extreme left corner of the front page. The contact details should include details such as your name, your residential address, contact number and email-id.
This Freelance Costume Designer Resume guides you on how to write the best resume to get the best job in the field. This Freelance Costume Designer Resume covers job description and objective tips which will guarantee you for your dream job. This resume will help you to get your job. Find a Fashion Designer CV here for your reference.
Costume Designer Job Description
The Costume Designer is the person that helps actors in a representation get into character by providing the necessary clothing and wigs to recreate a certain historical period or to allude to the social background. The costume designer can either purchase the necessary costumes or can create them himself/herself.
The second option is more likely to be encountered as these professionals have to discuss with the director to understand the setting in which the action takes place and to come up with costumes that are by the period. She/he has to purchase the necessary fabrics and accessories and create replicas of clothing from various periods.
The resume should portray a creative person, highly experienced in designing various types of clothing, and knowledgeable about how fashion evolved throughout history. Professional experience and educational background in the field is vital so mention as many details about these as possible.
Freelance Costume Designer Resume
Searching for a position as a Costume Designer. I want to work in your production company and contribute to the creation of successful representations by designing unique costumes by the developing story.
Innovative and creative Costume Designer, with extensive experience in the field, I am looking forward to working as part of your team.
Skills and Qualifications
- Creative personality
- Highly experienced costume designer
- Extensive knowledge of the clothing worn in different historical periods
- Capable of following instructions
- Ability to transform the director’s ideas into real costumes
Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design
Theatre Company, New York, 20XX-20XX
Duties and responsibilities:
- Read the scripts and discussed with the director to better understand the costume requirements for particular representations
- Designed clothing and wigs
- Took the actors’ measurements and made the necessary adjustments
- Selected the fabrics and accessories to be used in theatre plays
- Made recommendations concerning the decor of the play
- Administer the budget for costume designing
- Helped actors get dressed
- Responsible for maintaining the costumes in a good shape
Date of Birth:
I do hereby declare that the above information is true to the best of my knowledge.
Share this Freelance Costume Designer Resume article on social networks such as Facebook, twitter, Instagram or the social network of your choice. We invite you to enjoy all the content we have for you, enter our different categories and discover all the content we have for you.