We hope that the below information on how to write a School Bus Driver Resume and the sample provided will go a long way in providing effective guidance to applicants who need to write a resume for the post of a bus driver.
School Bus Driver Job Description
The bus driver has to pick up and drop off passengers at schools, bus stops, or other designated locations. Bus drivers are responsible for the safety of their passengers and for respecting scheduled routes. These professionals can work in government agencies, schools, or private companies.
The bus driver has to inspect various technical aspects of the vehicle like the water, gas, or oil levels, they have to drive vehicles based on strict routes or specifications or they have to assist their passengers with baggage. Among these, bus drivers also have to collect tickets, report delays, advise passengers on how to use the protection equipment while on the bus, or perform maintenance on bus parts.
When writing a School Bus Driver Resume, the first elements you have to add are the contact information (name, address, phone number), and a summary of your qualifications where you can write four or five sentences describing your main skills.
The following sections of the resume have to focus on the objective statement which has to present why you want the job and what skills and qualifications you can invest in it. The next sections you have to focus on are the working experience and qualifications.
In the working experience, the section presents your previous jobs from your current to the last position you held. Describe what were your main duties and responsibilities. The final section of your School Bus Driver Resume has to be about your qualifications; try to add the highest degrees and mention the name of the degree, the name of the school you attended, and the location of the school. You can also download Driver Resume Format.
Bus drivers have to be responsible and trustworthy professionals with strong time and management skills.
School Bus Driver Resume Sample
To seek a position as a bus driver in a reputed and well-established transport organization where my skills and expertise in the field will be utilized for the progress of the firm and my own experience.
Hard-working and professional Bus Driver with strong background in driving diesel, gasoline and electrically powered passenger vehicles between neighborhood, schools or other locations.
- Effective communication skills and ability to follow instructions
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop and maintain efficient relations with others
- Time-management skills and ability to drive passengers in a strict time frame
- Extensive knowledge of methods for moving people or goods by road like costs or benefits.
Company: Bus Driver, Palm Beach County School
Post: Bus driver
- Drove diesel multi-passenger vehicles to transport students between schools and school activities
- Verified the condition of the vehicle like tires, brakes, lights, oil, fuel or safety equipment to ensure they are well functioning
- Respected the traffic rules to operate vehicles in a safe manner
- Complied with safety rules as students’ board, exit buses or cross streets.
Company: Bus Driver, Loudoun County Public School
Post: Bus driver
- Picked up or dropped off students respecting strict time schedules and locations
- Followed geographic directions in an accurate manner
- Set up heating, lighting or ventilation systems for student’s comfort
- Helped small children to cross roads or highways.
- Completed High School Diploma
Date of Birth:
I hereby declare that the above-mentioned information is correct and true as per my knowledge.
Share this School Bus Driver Resume article on social networks such as Facebook, twitter, Instagram or the social network of your choice. We invite you to enjoy all the content we have for you, enter our different categories and discover all the content we have for you.