Dental Assistant Resume Objectives : Dental assistants make it possible for a dentist to deliver services more quickly by cooperating with him and helping him in various tasks thus a dental assistant is a vital part of a dentist’s team. He performs office, laboratory, and administrative duties and assists both dentists and patients.
Dental Assistant Resume Objectives
You can write this sample objective in your resume.
I am a career minded individual with an outgoing personality, seeking a position as a Dental Assistant in a successful office where I can utilize my training and help provide quality patient care. I am an upbeat, flexible individual who genuinely enjoys change and new initiatives.
The duties of a dental assistant vary as per the medical facility and the number of patients who come for treatment. Mostly a dentist have only one assistant but sometimes in particular situations, he can have two or more assistants depending upon the load of work and the number of patients he has to treat. Also, some assistants are hired only for office work and others are hired to do both office and laboratory tasks.
When it comes to an assistant’s tasks, it includes sitting at the front desk, welcoming patients and visitors and assist them with the services or information they want, getting their details including contact and insurance information and preparing their file, taking them to the operation theater, taking samples from them and sending it to the laboratories, answering the phone and assisting the patients with their queries, fixing time for their visit and then later and them later, making sure that they are coming right on time and a lot of other duties too.
When a dentist hires an assistant he required him to perform the following tasks on regular basis:
- Preparing the patient for the treatment, setting up the operation chair for treatment which also includes getting all needed equipment and sterilizing them, and assisting the dentist during the treatment too.
- Record the patient’s history in his file and keeping a safe record of it.
- Prescribed by a doctor, presenting suggestions to the patients before and after treatment.
- Provide patients some brochures to help them understand oral hygiene and aware then about teeth diseases.
- Seating patients in the waiting room when a doctor is already treating some patient.
- Manage the documenting work and work as an accountant too to maintain financial statements.
The salary of a dental assistant varies according to the type of medical facility like it’s a hospital or a private clinic, the size of the facility, and the location of the clinic.
In modern countries like England and America, it’s a must for a dentist to hire an assistant but in backward countries like India and Bangladesh, the economy is not that strong so dentists often work solely and don’t waste money on hiring an assistant.
Generally, the salary of a dental assistant starts from $31000 to $35000 per year and it goes up to $45000 per year as you gain experience. A huge number of dental assistants also work on hourly wages where they earn up to $13 per hour.
Key elements to include in a dental assistant resume objectives
- Write an objective that shows your creative side and stands you different from other applicants. Don’t use an old objective from a different job application because every job is one of a kind.
- Put your name and contact information in bold characters at the top of your resume so it will be easy to see and remember.
- Then add about your education starting from the most recent degree and then going till your college studies. There is no need to talk about your high school because it’s so obvious that you have passed it.
- Add about your past experiences in just a single sentence and don’t use dense paragraphs where it will be so difficult to analyze them. Start from your most recent job and then go on to previous ones.
- Only add information that is relevant to the job and experiences which are related to the vacancy.
- If you have some extra skills like operating operation equipment or have technical knowledge of laboratory work, write that in your resume under the experiences list.
There are also some things that you should eliminate from your resume such as:
- Don’t use a resume that contains more than one page. If there is not enough space, skip the less important stuff.
- Don’t use a colorful or multi-font resume because the simpler you make it, easy it will be to analyze.
- Don’t lie about your education or experience. Leave the resume blank if there isn’t much to put.
- No matter how great it was and skilled it made you don’t discuss a job that has nothing to do with a dental practice.
- Don’t provide your references at the beginning unless you are asked to.
Here is a sample Dental Assistant resume for your review. Through this resume sample, you can easily create a resume if you are applying for the post of Dental Assistant in any health organization. In this sample, we have used fictitious names and addresses to give you an idea of how to create a Dental Assistant resume for yourself. We hope this sample Dental Assistant resume will work positively for you.
Here is a sample Dental Assistant Resume Cover Letter,
2345 Old Joppa Road, Joppa
Date: April 29, 2011
Dear Mr. Michael,
I am writing this cover letter in response to your advertisement on www.xyz.com for the vacancy of Senior Dentist. I feel that my expertise, interests, and credentials are best suitable for this position and the growth of the health care organization.
I did graduation from a reputed Academy in Dentist and have 5 years of practice as a Dental Assistant. I successfully performed all my duties which included taking x-rays, preparing supplies, and other duties under the supervision of a senior dentist and used topical anesthetics in treatments of teeth. I wish to serve the growth and integrity of your health care organization as a well-trained dentist assistant.
It would be a great opportunity for me if I am considered to meet you personally to discuss how my experiences and education will be useful for this job. Thanks for your consideration and valued time.
876 Bank Street, Jacksonville
Share this Dental Assistant Resume Objectives article on social networks such as Facebook, twitter, Instagram or the social network of your choice. You can also check Chemist Resume For Freshers And Experienced. We invite you to enjoy all the content we have for you, enter our different categories and discover all the content we have for you.