Electrician Resume : An electrician is a tradesman with a specialization in electrical wiring of buildings, stationary machines, and related equipment. The job of electricians is to install new electrical components or maintain and repair existing electrical infrastructure. They may also specialize in wiring ships, electric trains, airplanes, metros, and other mobile platforms. An electrician in the film industry and on a television crew is named a Gaffer.
Electricians are required to use a wide range of hand and power tools and instruments. Generally, they have their set of hand tools and general-purpose testing instruments. Some of their most common tools include Pipe and tube bender, lineman’s pliers, diagonal pliers (also known as side cutters or Dikes), needle-nose pliers, wire strippers, cable cutters, Multimeter (used to measure voltage, resistance, and current), step-bit, Insulation Resistance Tester (also known as Megger), Knockout punch, and Ground Fault Indicator Tester.
Job Description for an Electrician Resume:
Job description for an electrician may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Assembles, installs, tests, and maintains electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools. Connects wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
Tests electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system; Maintains current electrician’s license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
Uses a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps; Installs ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
Performs business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports, and ordering supplies and equipment. Works from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
Tips for Writing an Electrician Resume:
Here are some of the most important tips for writing an Electrician resume:
- Divide the resume into separate sections and subsections together with short paragraphs and bulleted points to make it easily readable.
- Provide all basic details, such as full name, contact information, telephone numbers, permanent address, email address, and career objective.
- Write your major professional achievements as Electrician next to the objective section as this gives an idea about the quantifiable results of your work.
- Write your Professional Experience above the Academic Qualifications section.
- Preferably, describe your professional experience and related basic job responsibilities in bullets.
- Write all your major and relevant skills as an Electrician in the Skills section.
There are several things that need to be included in an Electrician resume, which is as follows:
- Write a job objective in your Electrician resume that strikes a chord with the employer.
- It is essential to summarize your strengths and major qualifications in the top half of the first page. This can be done with the Qualification Highlights section.
- When writing a Professional Experience or Professional Summary section, always highlight your accomplishments.
- Under each employer, give a bulleted list of your major accomplishments. Always show quantifiable results of your work in this section.
- Include your main academic qualifications in your resume that are mainly related to the profession of an electrician.
- involve a list of your major skills that are particularly related to the profession of an electrician in your resume.
- Include the professional affiliations, and professional training, and courses that you have taken related to your profession if any.
There are a few things that need to be avoided in an Electrician resume. They include:
- Don’t involve too many responsibilities and accomplishments in your resume as they will conceal the main points.
- Don’t include a long list of skills as it will only be viewed with skepticism.
- Never attach photos to your resume.
- Don’t include unimportant and unrelated personal information, such as your hobbies, health, social security number, age, height, weight, religion, citizenship, race, marital status, or names of your wife and kids.
- Never include research papers, thesis, or lists of publications.
- Don’t misrepresent information.
- Never make your resume too lengthy, and keep the length of the resume anywhere from one to three pages.
Action words are of great help in writing a professional-looking resume. Many action words can be used in the Qualification Highlights and Professional Experience sections of the Electrician resume. Some of the most important of these action words are as follows:
Accomplished, Advised, Collaborated, Corrected, Dedicated, Devoted, Demonstrated, Directed, Disciplined, Energized, Experienced, Handled, Helped, Installed, Interpreted, Managed, Maintained, Mentored, Organized, Operated, Oversaw, Positioned, Prepared, Provided, Recognized, Related, Repaired, Supervised, Tested, Trained, Troubleshot, Worked.
The interview is the most important part of a recruitment process that significantly affects the selection or rejection of a job candidate. So, the candidate needs to be well prepared for the interview. A few important interview tips that should be followed when preparing an interview for the Electrician post are as follows:
- Create a list of common interview questions related to the Electrician profession and answers, or you can answer them by yourself.
- Identify attributes, traits, or abilities essential for an Electrician, which are related to this job and how to get them.
- Show an interest in the job and a willingness to work hard.
- During the interview, maintain professional behavior and avoid discussing personal problems or criticizing former employers.
- Always close the interview by expressing thanks and appreciation for their time.
Electrician Resume Download
Address • Mobile: • Email Id
Experienced and dedicated Bajaj Company with four years of experience who is looking to fill a position as an Electrician Apprentice.
Over the years in the Bajaj Company I have learned how to be a fast learner, have remarkable work ethic, flexile schedule and to be highly motivated to complete any task given.
|·||Leadership Experience||·||Maintaining Equipment||·||Performs Well Under Pressure|
|·||Loyal And Dependable||·||Hands On / Technical Skills||·||Works Well With Others|
|·||Eager To Learn||·||Communication Skills||·||Adaptability|
December 2009 to May 2017
Bajaj Company – Field Artillery Section Chief Dec. 2012 – Dec. 2017
- Maintained above average proficiency and conduct scores throughout enlistment by keeping a professional attitude and work ethic.
- Accountable of Rs. 90,72,000 worth of equipment and weapon systems, and ten personnel throughout various field operations.
- Two Deployments to Jaipur, Mumbai and Pune.
- Performed hands on technical maintenance on multiple weapon systems, equipment, and vehicles daily.
Food Company April 2010 to December 2015
- Seafood cook in charge of cooking, prepping, and making a variety of foods using hands and equipment.
- Utilized strong customer service skills by taking orders and collecting payments.
- Aided in stocking and lifting heavy items of 50 pounds or more.
- Rectified funds and secured in safe every night.
Software Company September 2009 to December 20010
- Operating heavy machinery to create ingredients such as dough and sauce.
- Helped build facility including lighting and construction.
Full Name Page 2 of 2
VOLUNTEER & COMMUNITY EXPERIENCE:
Bajaj Company Community Service December 2014
Helped stock over 450 Christmas Trees and carry them to Men and Women’s vehicles after being purchased.
|TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:|
|2012-2017||Firearms safety (completed annually)|
|2012-2017||Organizational Risk Management (ORM) – Focus on workplace safety and accident prevention|
|2012-2017||Sexual Assault/Harassment Prevention in the workplace for team members and supervisors|
|2012-2017||Hazardous Material Training (HAZMAT)|
|2015||Corporals Course – Basic managers training studying leadership, motivation strategies, and||group|
|2012-2017||Expert Marksman Rifle Award|
|2014||Sharpshooter Pistol Award|
|2014||Rifle Range Coach – Teaching other Marines to shoot effectively and more proficiently|
|2014||Jungle Warfare Training|
2010-2012 Earned 50 semester hours in pursuit of an Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education.
Tamarac High School
2010 Graduated with a High School Diploma.
AWARDS & COMMENDATIONS:
2017 Certificate of Accommodation Award for leading a rifle range of 200 Bajaj Company. Ordering equipment, coaching, and directing for over 32 consecutive hours. There was a 100% pass rating. Held
accountable for over 1 Million dollars’ worth of ammunition, weapon systems, and equipment.