A medical receptionist resume is found to be of use while applying for the job of a receptionist with a hospital or a clinic. This position requires an applicant to be good at organizing patient data and handling patients’ appointments at the hospital.
He has to take phone calls, make appointments, prepare prescription forms for the patients, keep the doctor up-to-date with the number of appointments for the day, manage the crowd of patients waiting for their turn, and so on. So, he is doing the work of HR management as well as administration.
In a smaller clinic, his scope of responsibility increases in contrast to his job at a big hospital, where these jobs are clearly defined and entailed to several employees like assistant receptionists and administration staff.
To be a medical receptionist, one need not be highly educated; he needs to be a high school pass-out and good in communication, both written and verbal. In terms of his training, a small training of limited period is required, it is more of on-the-job training, where the employee sees and learns.
How to write Medical Receptionist Resume
So this is how a medical receptionist’s resume is written. This flow is by the combination resume format that stresses the applicant’s skills and work experience, thus straightaway, offering the reader all the work-related information about you.
This ensures that the reader does not spend too much time thinking about whether or not you fit the bill. While writing a resume, you need to put only the relevant information in the resume. E.g., in this resume, there is no need to put in the information about you being a state-level basketball player, as this information is completely irrelevant to the job.
So, take care while writing the resume and refer to as many samples as necessary before drafting your medical receptionist resume. You can also download Medical Assistant Resume.
Medical Receptionist Resume Example
To secure a job as a medical receptionist and deliver high standards of medical service to all the patients.
- 5 years of experience as a medical receptionist
- Worked at the prestigious hospital like St. Christian Hospital
- Good with multi-tasking- handling reception, cashier’s role, taking phone calls, managing patients, keeping doctor up-to-date about appointments, etc
- Good at dispensary functions like giving medicines, taking care of the medical inventory, and keeping the administration in the loop.
- Strong attention towards detail to ensure immaculate work record- taking care that there are no appointment overlaps and no commotion in the patients’ waiting area.
Skills and Expertise:
- Good communication skills, good at talking and explaining procedures to the patients.
- Excellent coordination skills between the patients and the doctor
- Calm attitude and a thinking mind thus ensuring no or minimal contradicting situations
- Swift, alert and diligent in my day-to-day working
- Can handle and assist with dispensary work.
- Good with computers; good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel
Albany Family Health Centre
- Effectively handled the reception desk
- Handling all the phone calls and fixing appointments
- Maintaining up-to-date record of schedules reschedules and out-patient details
- Preparing prescription forms, filling in medical charts, and preparing medical bills for the patients
- Taking care of all reception duties
- Diploma in Medical reception management, XYZ School of Medicine
- High School graduate in Science, ABC College
- Implemented and took care of automated teller machine and file update systems, thus boosting up the intra-communication facility at Albany Family Health Centre.
- Effectively handled the patient registration procedure at every office where I worked, thus maintaining an impressive track record.
(Here, you can put the names, contact numbers, email id of your references)
Share this Medical Receptionist Resume article on social networks such as Facebook, twitter, Instagram or the social network of your choice. We invite you to enjoy all the content we have for you, enter our different categories and discover all the content we have for you.