Any individual, who is seeking a job, has to write a resume that can reflect him/her to the fullest. Although an employer may just have a glance at the resume, still a perfect Law Student Resume may do an eye-catching impact and get you the opportunity that you were seeking.
Many students including law students are preparing to seek entry-level opportunities in the field of specialization. Law students may begin the career graph with a position such as a judicial clerk or legal assistant.
A law student’s resume should include clear details of the educational qualifications, achievements, and honors during the academic period as it may not be so important as one gains experience over a couple of years but certainly is of immense interest to the potential employer, who is keen to know your potential.
Student resumes are the building blocks of their career. Law students start their careers as an intern in some legal firms that allow them to gain some practical knowledge of the field and explore their legal skills. To write a law student resume, one should highlight pursuing a career in the field of law and growing in this field.
While writing the resume, one should not ignore any single achievement in the academic field and internships or summer placements during studies. Also, mentioning any job experience, regardless of relevance is advisable. This sample resume for law students will help them to write their student resumes effectively. You can also download Best Legal Lawyer Resume Format.
Law Student Resume Sample
To grab a challenging legal entry-level position in a reputed legal firm that allows me to practically implement my theoretical knowledge and research work and develops my interpersonal and analytical skills.
James Brown School of Legal Studies
Contender for doctor of Jurisprudence, Expected May, 20XX
- Best Student throughout the course
- G.P.A. 3.5 on a scale of 4.0
- Awarded ABC Law Society merit scholarship
- Member Washington Association of Law Students
- Won the XYZ mock trial competition
Ford University, School of Arts and Science,
Bachelor of Arts, Major in English
- Dean’s List, 20XX to 20XX
- Awarded by Phi Alpha Kappa Honor Society, 20XX
- G.P.A 3.76 on a scale of 4.0
- Highly Focused on the legal field
- Exemplary research, analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent linguistic skills in writing and speaking
- Skillful interpersonal skills and time management
- Adequate computer proficiency
Jones and Gomes Legal Associates
Summer Internship, May 20XX to July 20XX, Legal Intern
- Carry out the basic legal duties associated with case trials of the clients of the firm
- Took dictations from the senior attorneys, for pre-trial documentations
- Assisted in preparation of motions, and client advice letter
- Verified the plaintiff’s background and conducted legal research for varied cases
- Developed and implemented a new documentation system that allows easy access and retrieving of the legal documents.
Date of Birth:
I do hereby declare that the above information is true to the best of my knowledge. Finally, I request the concerned authorities to provide me a chance, so that I can prove the best of myself. I shall ever be thankful and grateful to you.
Share this Law Student Resume article on social networks such as Facebook, twitter, Instagram or the social network of your choice. We invite you to enjoy all the content we have for you, enter our different categories and discover all the content we have for you.