How to negotiate salary in an interview
can be the worst hurdle before you decide to join a new organization.
We all have certain expectations for getting a comprehensive hike in salary in the next firm we decide to work for.
Sometimes it can even affect your confidence adversely. So what is the right way of negotiating and that too effectively?
– Once offered a specific salary, your negotiation starts then and there.
– Refrain from using negative sentences as you have already been offered the same or a little more salary somewhere else. That will be reckoned as being a little rude.
– Instead, use a positive and friendly statement like I would have loved to accept what you are offering but there are some commitments which I have to take care of.
– What brought me here was an expectation of about a 30-35 % hike. And then smile helplessly.
– In case they agree to offer a 20-25 % hike, do not reject it instantly. It's not a bad hike either. You may seek some time to think over it.
: But make sure you know the exact take home salary before you accept the offer.
Click here to Download Resume Format For Job